Friday, October 24, 2008

What is it they fear? When did I turn evil?


I was looking at the William Shatner, Boston Legal gun fight in the parking garage clip and sent it out to see if anyone had seen it on television. I got two thanks for the laugh, and my mother couldn't get it to watch. But I did get this answer also:

Funny, but not very realistic. If he had been wearing the gun in a hip mounted, easy to see holster, the assault wouldn't have happened.He also wouldn't have been allowed in a court room, not gotten service at most businesses. It's the price of wanting to carry a gun. I wouldn't want to serve a gun toting civilian. We can always find someone more peaceful looking to do business with.

Not that you would notice, but I carry a gun, just not at work - I carry mine at play. And no one has complained about not seeing it, most people don't notice it. I carry knives and no one challenges it, at the court house I got to check all the weapons, but they really promised to protect me with extra police and security systems while I was defenseless... So much fear out there, and no rational thought behind it - I am just not a nice man because I shoot pistols and rifles. Goes with riding a motorcycle, stigma and guilt by association with black leather and foxy ladies. Funny that it is exactly the same PC tone of voice that thinks I shouldn't mention that I read the Bible and try to practice Christianity. Probably can't carry a Bible into a Court room next. Not only won't I not shoot you for cause, but I likely won't bother you with more than 'God bless all your best.'

I do think it is time to roll back and throw out the laws that try to CONTROL firearms instead of the human beings misusing them to commit a crime. I hate to tell all those good folks - the firearms are not rational thinking beings - they are just tools, totally irresponsible for their use and effect. Get the man behind the gun, for using it against people or property, not because you would feel better about watching the soccer game or having a beer with naked defenseless sheeple all around you...

Do you really believe that the person breaking the peace really cares about your laws? any of them? Yes, only the ones that save him from justice or being found guilty of his crime.

No comments: