Saturday, December 13, 2008

how to feel great in just one day...

I have had a ball helping run the range and help future riflemen become part of tradition, another day tomorrow and I might expand on the experience but I am tired tonight - drove over two hours home and need sleep. Hot soup, hot shower and very warm greeting from my Mrs. and I start to fall asleep in the recliner in front of the television. A package from my sister awaits and she said to open it when it arrived, so I did and I was floored. My mother kept all my envelope art from the days I was sending it to her and my son off in Rota, Spain. The biggest shock is that so much of it is really worthy - not just a great idea but well executed little bits of art. Take my word for it, my scanner is trashed and I haven't picked a new one up yet, and she kept all the drawing that I did for promotions and decorating South Tacoma Branch storytelling or other stuff when I worked at the circulation desk part-time (twenty-five hours a week). Well, five in the morning is awful early, and for all the Facebook folks - I haven't found my instructions to add you to my friends and folks or join yours - the technology keeps changing and I have room for only so many passwords in my ancient memories of yesterday. Will get back when the world slows its spinning just a bit. There might be an opportunity to go to Alaska (motorcycle on ferryboat!) for a Summer Appleseed shoot - that would be cool.. hmm, mosquitoes? or is that Moosquitoes?

Okay, it isn't as great as I told you, but it is my story and I will tell it like I see it, have a bit of Christmas Spirit and enjoy - I am so far behind in this house, but by recycling good wishes I can catch up.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays, y'all!

3 comments:

threecollie said...

What a nice thing to have all your art saved up and the example you posted is delightful!

Jeffro said...

That looks good, Earl!

K-Dubyah said...

A man of many talents you are...

Seems you and Mr.Hooah! have this in common as well.

Will be watching for more postings of your art.