Wednesday, November 12, 2008

From the Big Bad Wolf...


The Bookworm Award...

Rules:Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!


Okay I will play, the book beside my left elbow as I stood at my computer reading is:
(well, just guess)

"The response to the call for the minute men was remarkable. This was a touchy point, since it meant that the regimental commanders, in allowing the minute men to organize themselves and elect their own officers, would actually be giving away not only one-quarter of their strength but also many of their best fighters. In view of this, the active support that the regimental commanders gave to the reorganization is one of the best indications of the strength of the minute man concept."

from "The Minute Men: The First Fight: Myths and Realities of the American Revolution" by John R. Galvin

Now to five bloggers that may read and respond, well

My sister teaching in high school Just a Math Teacher not very original title but she writes about her work well.

Little Drops into the pool of Life, whose Friday funnies are great and what she cares about shows in her other postings.

North View Diary which I automatically reversed to Northview Dairy, which isn't far from totally wrong since there are real cows on the property. The words are worth the read and the pictures are awesome.

The Breda Fallacy..
Breda is working on nail polish and sharing right now, but she works as a real librarian in a real library so she probably reads when they let her out.

Oops! one would think I don't read any men's blog so I give you - Wyatt Earp from Support Your Local Gunfighter, I don't know for sure that he reads, there are rumors.

3 comments:

Yoda of Math said...

I will do this, but I need to warn you that the closest book to me in our computer room is a dictionary. I do not believe that the sentences will be interesting to anyone except those of us who like to know more about the words we use.

K-Dubyah said...

Working on mine...

Darn! But I can't retag you.

threecollie said...

Thanks for memeing me. I had fun with it.