Monday, December 15, 2008

Who were Sunshine Patriots?


I went to learn to teach, and did. Then I taught and that was also great. After four days of intense Revolutionary War Veterans Association, I have that April 19, 1775 stuff cold. Speaking of which it was snowing and chilled and wet muddy ground to lay prone upon. So I leave you with one of the new Riflemen, earned on the last shoot of her day.

She became a citizen of the United States on Thursday, became the Rifleman on Sunday and the only thing I suggested to her was that she try the kneeling position, she locked it. One of her group was from South America a bit ago, said he could never have spent a day shooting in his original country - the weapons are controlled, but then the ballot box probably is, too.

Safety is always prime importance, so I never got to shoot just help, and we broke a bit early for ice storms approaching - thanks Governor Palin, I did get on the highway early enough to make it almost home. Then the Air Force rent-a-cops closed off my shortcut and I had to travel three times as far on iced roads. Didn't bother me as much as all those folks spinning out and into ditches. Home is a really great place to be, hope everyone makes it home safely, and thanks for having me at a really great event, but I am going into hibernation, until the flowers bloom.

No comments: