Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Since this does represent my life, a little bit...

At the library today, one new hire, so I am back to three full time offender (the politically correct term for a prison inmate) library clerks. Only training two and I asked to test and interview four on Friday to find the next cog in the wheel. Just pile it on. They are working well, and I can see me catching up on the stuff I am supposed to be doing while they run the library operations under my periodic supervision, I am so alone. No, I am not afraid the offenders will do terrible things to me, the Department of Corrections would punish them if they did, the Washington State Library and the Office of the Secretary of State would deny they knew that any of the offenders were really dangerous, although they do know they are locked up for some one's protection. Anyway, work is really fine, they had a staff Barbeque PotLuck at the Main Library of Washington State Library, bring a dish or five dollars, I sent five dollars and best wishes that they had a good time and fine food. They have staff lunches, picnics and such here, but there isn't anyone to replace me for me to get some, so I don't. But it is nice they appreciate the staff, isn't it?

Don't worry, I like to support things I believe in - like the Gun Bloggers' Rendezvous in Reno, NV. If I weren't going to an Appleseed in Idaho that weekend I might have ridden the Trusty Triumph down there to partake of the fun and festivities. Yeah, I know, I am not really a gun blogger, just and interested party in the struggle to regain the Liberty and Freedom that was won in the American Revolution and stolen by evil politicians of various sorts.

I was having a great time riding the Trusty Triumph this morning in the fog, laying way over and cutting tight turns and rolling hard to keep it up and bringing it back all the way - what a feeling of power... what a rush. The evening ride is okay, but there are a lot of cars and cellphone diverted drivers out there and the fun disappears although the adventure is more (will he make it in time for World News tonight?). Yes, I did, and then went out and cropped the lawn, front and rear, no trimming but a good start on improving my neighborhood image. I think after a hot shower (only those that know bathing in steel pots can appreciate) I will read and sleep, perchance to dream.

1 comment:

Judy Pitchford said...

I remember those days of not getting to attend the library shindigs! Now I "get to" [am forced to?] go to all of them. You were missed!