Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gosh, I am so tired.. . dangerously so...


Seems I was driving back from Castle Rock after today's shoot, and I turned in at the Madigan Gate and woke up. Re-fueled and drove home, way too tired when I did that, it was a long day. only four instructors and twenty shooters, two more Riflemen produced or awarded, any way, they did make it. Debi thought she had problems with her scope or rifle and asked for help, and I was sent to see if I could shoot. Something Appleseed Instructors never get to do much. Kind of like being a Librarian and having no time to read. Anyway, I happily got under the 10/22 without a sling settled in and started testing ability to use that rifle and scope, a couple of flyers a bit of adjustment on my position (NPOA) and I settled into breathing, pause, and sqeeze while focused on the reticle on the target - HIT!, and again and again, and Lori decided she could load anothe magazine or two for me, and more hits and more happiness. But it wasn't all about me, so I gave it back. Then learned that shooting the corner of the target is the best way to confirm the scope is fine - sure enough Debi put two rounds on top of each other on that corner, so it worked. Like I said, a great day, in the SUMMER SUN, my face glows bright red.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Heh- Old tricks STILL work! :-)