Monday, May 10, 2010

Okay, I am back and the rain has returned...



good morning! really GOOD MORNING! (don't you just hate those bright cheerful Monday morning people?) Ah, well, bear with me I have had a wonderful weekend. Two day Appleseed shoot in Idaho, ten on the crew and ten shooters - the instructor shooter ratio was better than it has ever been, three new Riflemen, one new Instructor In Training (IIT), two Shoot Bosses in the RWVA's future... if they ever get any time away from their work and family obligations, responsibilities and complete enjoyment. Link to After Action Report from the weekend on the left, pictures and such.

That family thing often stops many fun things, but there are three families in the picture, and my wife was taking the shot, Mike's family is shooting their way into the Appleseed weekend and Rifleman status as they grow, so this is a good thing. I know Mayor Daley would be frightened, but my nightmares aren't his. I have been to Chicago and wasn't afraid of all the armed criminals and police wandering around as I wasn't carrying my M16A2 with the basic load. But then, maybe I don't think anyone hates me? Even when I was a paratrooper?

I did have a great time on the range, was worn out by the operation on Friday, the long drive to Idaho, the long days shooting and the long drive back to home. I had great conversations (no television to drown out thought and voice?) with my wife and girl friend of forty plus years (marriage always works best if they are the same person). And as we were turning onto our street and home last evening at 11:30 PM, my son finally got his Mother's Day call to my wife which made it practically perfect.

No comments: