Friday, May 14, 2010

So how do you know you aren't in shape?


In the RWVA we use carding the sights to make sure the shooter isn't lying to themselves about being in the Natural Point of Aim. Most people look in the mirror after weighing themselves and for some reason think they aren't really that big - and for sure those that say they love them won't say anything about how out of shape they are... would they? Well, when I jog, and I almost tell myself I should walk the rest of the way (the Devil is behind that thought) and I know I am not as joyously jumping into that next step as I did when racing other road guards to the next crossing like I did in OCS, then I know I am not in shape. But a real clincher is when sitting on the footlocker to remove my shoes, when I get up is a LARGE moist print of the area my butt covered while sitting... sigh... but I did jog gently so I can go back to work on the yard now. Jogged 460 calories burned, 45% fat ones, Heart rate 117 bpm, in Zone: 1 hour and 24 seconds, Exercised: 1 hour 9 minutes and 11 seconds, found two pennies.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

We all need to get out and do more... no question. At least you are doing SOMETHING Earl! Keep it up!