Friday, September 17, 2010

It's Friday? where did the week go...

Watching Korea get ready, and even depart, for Chusok, the three day Harvest holiday. This year it is the 21, 22, 23 of September, but since it is already Saturday on the other side of the Pacific they are grabbing all the food, gifts and goodness and heading back to the homestead, the cities kind of empty, the highways, trains and buses are packed, and family and traditions will rule for this time. Our telephone bill will go up, and my wife has pictures of the grandson to send to her sister for sharing.

The rains are becoming constant, the sky almost always gray and although it is great to sleep to it does make me most unproductive. I did put my teeth in and shaved today - after five days the growth is interesting but not worthy.

I have been thinking of the Fall Flowers, in Spring there seem to be so many, but in the Autumn as we wait for the leaves to change the flowers that we get seem lonely, lovely but lonely. So I went out to shoot some of them for your benefit, and found a busy bee getting the last of the pollen. There haven't been many around and this one is welcome, the flower won't mind a little tickling. I am always amazed by my wife's green thumb, the house plants really do well outside, until it gets a bit colder, then they come in with us as we hunker down through the Winter, mild but still worth missing on most days -- fast forward to the interesting parts?

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Nice pics Earl, winter IS coming, whether we want it or not...