Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Since there is only so much time...


My problems with education establishment made me write some things that my youngest sister decided to comment upon. She has been a teacher for many years in the public and now in the Catholic schools.

She told me to read "Teacher Man" by Frank McCourt, and I have just finished it. Now will return to trying to be a better me. It was worth the time and the thought, and I liked much of what he did as a teacher, without thinking I have to drink a pint or two to get with his life.

I would have liked to write about my teaching experience but it wouldn't be the same - since I only took what the education system had prepared and then worked them into something we could go beat up our enemies with... the pointy end of the spear.

1 comment:

Yoda of Math said...

Glad you liked the book. I don't have a pint either, but last Saturday I did get to the local deli/coffee shop for a cappucino.