Friday, July 25, 2008

Freedom means being unchained and loose...


I have no danger from excessive cellphone use and possible brain cancer - I don't own nor use cell phones, I think they are tethering. "Where are you now, darling?" and it isn't just your wife that can find you but the wonderful benevolent government can, too. Which is a positive thing in mountain rescue (providing there is a radio tower relay close by) but for your normal marijuana and guns run into the county it could be embarassing. Anyway, they can't find me that way, until they plant one under the chin line or back of my ears.

No, my concern is with my computer or the television soaking up my time, they do it so well. I should be stronger than that temptation to read what Tam wrote... she hasn't even posted since I last checked at 23:15 PDT, it is now 04:28, nope. There she is! posted at 7:32 her time, whew! I almost missed that. And no telling what Jenny Hogan has to say about the commute to Seattle (always about how long it will take to get to Seattle - no one ever does anything but drive through or by Tacoma). So, as I try to catch up with LtG, now CPTG and the destruction of his blog and my link to his adventures for Freedom, the clock has slid on to 5:01 and more of my day is gone.

I have stopped looking at video, and I can empty two mugs of coffee in the load times between blogs, then I have to read and likely leave a message of boring tempo, like I was important enough to have an opinion. Of course I have an opinion, if I can tear myself away from reading the next post by SailorCurt or all the others in my blog list. Yep it is 5:15 and time to find some food, figure out the weather and news and then dress and depart on the motorcycle for work at McNeil Island. Until I get back and link up again... and burn up my time, ruin my eyes and keep becoming a puddle of soggy fat flesh because I don't exercise while stand at the computer... choices, I should make better choices and start living off the net, remember when you could? No, well let me show you a picture of when there was only one television in the home, and after Howdy Doody and Mickey Mouse there wasn't anything to watch so I went outside.... where I should be soon as I check to see if Breda posted something yet.

Bye!

2 comments:

K-Dubyah said...

OMG! You too??

Amazing how fast time can disappear when on this thing reading of other's lives.

But connections are made, lives are changed, and the world slowly shrinks...

How cool!

So who has who wrapped around the fingers?

Anonymous said...

Hey Ky Woman, feel like I'm following your footsteps in the blogosphere today! I agree with your comment.

Earl, darn accurate post there! I limit my 'favorites' to around 15 or so sites which I check daily. If time allows on the weekend, I'll search links on those sites or google around just for fun. Amazing how fast time disappears and non-blinking eyes tire while staring at the screen. That said, time for me to check my tomato plants while the sun still shines. Have a great weekend all.
Cathy B