Saturday, August 2, 2008

There will never be enough time, so plan a little bit...


Goal for my day, shoot the postal match for Sailorcurt, okay, it wasn't just for him. I had to fire my rifle and I wanted to fire it well. I also wanted to put discipline back into my day - start with medications, measure, coffee, devotions and breakfast and exercise -- without checking the blogs to find out if anyone missed me and if I could add my two bits worth (the dollar has really declined).
No, I didn't make it perfectly, temptation is terrible and I think I am suffering from Disoriented Hive Disorder, I really do pile too much on to a small plate and am surprised when it falls off...

Still, all I had to do was share a bit of banana and strawberry jelly on toast - talk to my wife, take her to the YMCA and drive off to the range and engage targets in serious measurement of my sharpshooting skills. I will relate that bad guys twenty yards from me had best have a large bullet proof vest - I was all over that target with the little 9mm, sigh. I always wanted to shoot the buttons off his vest, but it is velcro now isn't it? I gave up and went to the rifle firing area, put the target up, engaged to find my zero - yep, still there for a hundred yards (what kind of a dreamer shoots twenty-two at a hundred yards) and I was only firing on the fifty yard mark.

So I moved onto the postal target and shot ten rounds. Day is done, now pick up the brass, put the firearms away, take down the targets, pack out and drive off to find my wife waiting, patiently for absent husband. I really don't want to know what kind of trouble she thought was delaying me, but since she had worked out for and hour and a half she was hungry - having given me half her breakfast sandwich, we went to Than Brothers Pho Place. Don't I love being in the Crossroads of Civilization Collisions - there is so much good out there my mother never gave me.

No comments: