Saturday, December 6, 2008

Goin' to Christmas time... tonight.


There is a performance of The Messiah, tonight at seven at my wife's church. I am dressed and still look like just an old man, sigh. The installer hasn't shown up yet - but they gave us 4:45 to 5:45 pm to arrive and since I only pay for bad service I get what I pay for. Not to say anything bad about Home Depot, but this is still disturbing my wife's harmony with the Universe - and that could ruffle my feathers were I a real turkey, but I am not. The camera has new batteries in it, the Cadillac is supposed to stay home because someone may hit it in the parking lot (my wife has more fears than I do). I will have to empty the old blinds from my Caravan and get it ready to go. Where is the installer? Why's everybody always pickin' on me?

Didn't go, the installer showed up, late, but he was so good at his job we forgave that and now have a really nice statement of taste in the family room. I no longer have any reason not to be strong, youthful and talented because of problems with Home Depot - there is a bit of an adjustment to be yet, but nothing that is going to stop me from getting the house in order and prepared for the holidays - so far one candy cane with my name on it and a rubber duck dressed as Santa, we can do so much better than that. Oh, just a by the by - it has been a year on this blog today. Happy BirthofBlogDay!

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Happy Blogday! You're already ahead of me on X-mas... I have one 8 inch tree, that's it...

threecollie said...

Happy BB Day. Thanks for sharing the link! I had been thinking that I should look back to the beginning of your blog and you made it easy. Take care.

breda said...

Congratulations! (and that's a very snazzy leather jacket!)

K-Dubyah said...

Seems to be the month of B-days, huh? Sweet!

Glad you take the time to write... I enjoy your words.

Oh, I agree with Breda!

Anonymous said...

Your web site is terrific!

Here is the url to a blog from the Archives of the Sandusky Library,
if you would like to take a look:

http://sanduskyhistory.blogspot.com