Saturday, December 6, 2008

One issue people, arise and think.... it matters


Okay, one issue people - the 2nd Amendment - not enough effective thought and philosophy to make the correction in the American culture's thinking about the issue.

Congress and the Executive branch abandoned the 'well regulated militia' pretending that the National Guard is the militia and telling everyone that the National Guard has been around longer than our Constitution (no it hasn't, concerned armed citizens that banded together in defense of their homes, religion, politics and rights have been around over three hundred years - calling them something else doesn't make it so). Once the government does change their portion of the Amendment - they then feel free to change the People's part of the Amendment.

Revolution, or armed insurrection isn't the solution to the infringement of the Amendment - that becomes the danger to the security of a free State. Also one of the Gun Lobby's favorite reasons for weapons - self defense makes the sheep in our world (where everyone can just get along) afraid. I am sticking with the reason that I shoot is that I am a law abiding citizen, fully capable of using dangerous weapons with safety, and I don't need a government to shove me into Depends or Pampers to keep me from soiling myself daily.

So, since I know how to use machine guns, automatic weapons, submachine guns, rifles, pistols, explosives and other such - like I know how to find the proper place and time to defecate so as not to upset the public nor my friends and family - I don't need the regulations, laws and infringement on my rights to be armed and dangerous. I also don't advocate destruction of my community, government nor world to make it my way - but then I do think there are more good people in the world than bad - but the bad ones tell lies, cheat and dishonor their ancestors for personal gain and general stupidity. I remain, armed and dangerous, but then that is all in my mind and not in yours, you never think about me - just the old man in the back of the room. Thanks.

2 comments:

Jeffro said...

Ahh, but there are those of us who know better! ;>)

Frank W. James said...

Who are you kidding? Old Men ARE the most dangerous. Why? Because they don't care about themselves.

All The Best,
Frank W. James