Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It makes me feel so good...


Oh, I should be concerned about how far my library is behind, my almost shelver is almost shelving - turtles are faster, but they don't spin their wheels looking like they are moving, they really do put one leg out and draw themselves up to it. Still we did several things well and are making progress and will continue, imagine walking across the United States of the Nineteenth Century going to Oregon Territory, for the chance (only a chance) to build a life for you and your family. And yes, most people weren't riding in the wagons, body weight is weight and the draft animals have enough to pull without that of those that could walk themselves onward. And the children had to gather buffalo chips for fires in the evenings.

I got to be really happy recently; yesterday, I got to see a packet of pictures of my grandson, in the morning before work, come home to a professional picture of the same fellow (and sure enough it doesn't look like the same fellow but oh, so handsome - how do they do that?) and then as a topping I get the Skype.com alarm and my son is calling and willing to wake the baby so his grandparents can act like the totally silly with happiness people they really are. Sentence structure from James Joyce? Half my joy is in seeing the child, my son, his wife and the other half is watching my wife trying to reach through the computer monitor to hug and nuzzle the little fellow. My cup overfloweth, surely.

And if I want to be around for his graduation and growth, I had best get to the breakfast, exercises, jog and working on becoming a healthier better old guy. I am getting more settled into becoming the Great Uncle of lots of young kids.

1 comment:

threecollie said...

He sounds so wonderful...and your delight in him is a delight to me. Thanks so much for sharing.