Friday, September 11, 2009

So you want to make my day?


There I sit being polite,cooperative and listening in the ILS Quarterly meeting and I am blind-sided by Jill telling me that someone in the Office of the Secretary of State is editing our ILS blog postings, correcting grammar, adding pictures and other stuff that makes it better... I was almost ready to blow the building up, I have calmed down since and am not interested in getting the proper amounts of stuff to make mayhem happen, leave it all to the next earthquake or volcanic erruption.

I really think that helpful editing is like the defensive player tipping a beautiful spiral pass.... it isn't going to hit the target, not the way the passer intended.

So, OSOS, I think I am off of the library blog business - I really thought that a blog of institutional library folks with challenges, successes, passions and problems would be read by others in the library community, just because. Not everything can be entertainment nor entertaining, many of the blogs I read are just about what the author thinks worth writing or posting. And they go from awesome beautiful pictures to heart wrenching sadness and the Blues at their blueist. I know that when I did something worthy (not often as I should have hit it out of the park) I want to record it, I don't think I need to know who read it, nor why (they could just be trying to understand English from America) but I don't need anyone to edit my postings to their own direction.

Well, I am not going to do more than think there are an amazing number of fools and foolishness in the World, and continue to pretend that I am not one of them... I can fool myself most of the time.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Editing by higher??? WTF??? Sounds like Big Brother has taken over out there Earl!