Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I did well and then...


I thought I had control of my day, yesterday, and then my wife said kapshida and I switched into helpful mode, I hoped. It was good to surprise me with getting out and doing stuff. I dropped her off at the Madigan Child Development Center, and went to the Credit Union to deposit much of my IRAs and their growth. Talked to a lovely young lady (wearing an engagement and wedding band - and I never used to check) about how nice it is to save for the future, so it is there when one needs it, and how fast the future finds us -- READY or NOT, here it comes! Paid off my last automobile loan. Only one mortgage remains between me and the other five percent of America that aren't owned by their debts, but are owners of all they will.

I did eventually mail the letters and cards out, find the proper windshield wipers for her car, put them on, go shopping for a laptop computer, raise blackberries, have an A&W Rootbeer freeze, thought about stopping for a Mocha at a bikini bottomed Latte stand, Went to the Garden Center for fertilizer - no chicken manure found - bought an axe and a shovel, work gloves and spray attachment (I have duties, dreams and lots of good intentions). Then I parked and watched the kinder playing at the Center as I waited for my working wife. I was fine, I was in her car listening to the Blues from Sirus XM radio, and the Sun had been gracing us all day - the kids were far enough away that I couldn't hear them but the joy was in their running around the playground. Many of their parents are off in Afghanistan and Iraq - wish they were here, wish they were here. The children grow so quickly while one is away. I was always amazed as a young soldier returning from long times overseas - at how much the children grew, and how little the soap opera plots had changed while I had been gone doing great and grim things for the world.

I also accomplished finishing the filing of our income tax return, my wife's question is where is all that money we earned last year - my dear, it would take a life time to find it, let it go, let it go. Next years filing will be an even bigger adventure, keep good records now!

Dreams were of motorcycle trips, family and things unremembert, why can't I use a t instead of ed to make it past tense? It is slept, kept, lept, wept -- hmm, microsoft dictionary doesn't like lept - and it doesn't like microsoft either.

The only important thing about this morning, a boil burst on my forearm, and tons, okay maybe many grams of pus were expelt (expelled), I now have a crater that reminds me of Mount St. Helens, wash with warm water, swab gently with alcohol and slap a large bandage over the wound and potential future problem... I feel fine, but hope the body only needs my prayers and patience. My medical knowledge isn't curing much. But then I have always loved the story of Hugh Glass, which isn't a story as much as real Reality History. I do think the Arikara didn't like him much - I do think that.

Well, back to the life of Earl, since it isn't raining nor snowing I have ground to prepare for gardening.... turn that soil.

No comments: