Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MyCrow Economicks....

Putting papers away and I saw some numbers and thought:

I buy something for a hundred dollars in Pierce County, Washington, and pay $9.30 in sales tax, I paid with my Universal Credit card which I already have a balance due upon, and the APR for the privilege is 21.99%, which means another $21.99 cost to the something that in one year, maybe gathering dust somewhere in the home, where my mortgage rate was APR 4.75%. Now if I were smart enough to know that Lotto tickets aren't really a retirement investment, I should be smart enough to know credit cards are only to be used and paid off immediately, and still should be free (no annual fee), since the card company charges the business owner for each transaction and I paid that hidden charge, too.

But I probably need new brains for figuring that out when the BUY button is pressed in my programmed life of easy, sexy, hot and have to have.... humans are so simple.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Earl, THAT is what they don't want you to do... actually doing the math points out the REAL costs... I only use mine when I know I can pay it off within the month...