Friday, February 26, 2010

If you say you are going to do something...


go do it.

I found the range, I had all four of my pistols, I still think Grandfather's Bull Dog is his - and I have only so much .32 rimfire around the house.

Not too many shooters, it was Friday afternoon lunch time. I blazed away like I know what I was doing. My best pistol to work on refining it all is the Ruger, the one I will carry the next time I need to take out all the bad guys (not very likely but one should never say never...) is still my wife's gift to me, the Colt .45, hits what I aim at and that was what keeps me coming back. I have to hold high left of target with my Micro Compact by Springfield - it must be the backup gun or the one I'll need when they are too close to extend my arms and aim? The 9mm is for those times you really aren't going to shoot anything but feel that one must carry something to be a full free citizen of these United States of America, as described in the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of the same, no matter what the judges say, they have been wrong before.

I know, the target isn't anything to brag about, but I did need to get out and get exercising again, and all those hits on the two NRA targets are mine, sigh. I will get better, one of these days. Oh, yeah, it was raining and I only practiced two hand and primary hand, but it was just to get me out and started, and the pistols dirtied up a bit, so I could clean them.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Trigger time is trigger time Earl, a month or so at the range, and those groups will be back to what you are capable of :-)