Friday, February 19, 2010

Staying up too late for skating...


Past midnight in my home when we turned off the tape delayed Olympic coverage - and I could just get my passport and ride my Trusty Triumph North to see them myself, except Vancouver looks much too big for small town fellow like me. I suspect the silence I have listened for from one part of the Northwest would mean that someone went off to see for themselves. Kind of cool. I wake later in my morning, there were dreams of issuing .45s from the Arms Room, and I didn't need people getting in my way while I did it. That does date me a bit, although I carried a modern pistol, I don't own one and the Colt has been calling me for some attention and shooting. It starts as a frosty Friday here, clear brilliant blue skies hold no heat from yesterday's Sun, we will try again. It will be clear until Sunday, then cloudy but dry until Wednesday, when the rains will pour out the Pacific's future upon us. Plans for today, plans posting, map making, shopping at the Triumph dealers and appointment making and changing. Should I grow a beard again, maybe I should ask my wife - she has an opinion. The question in my mind about Daniel and other prophets is how all those faces got on the Heavenly beings they say they saw in their dreams, and then the flower pot produced a six blossomed bad boy. I think I have it.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Too bad you couldn't have 'issued' a few to yourself :-) I'd stay away from Vancouver, they are screwing up about as bad as Atlanta did...