Saturday, April 3, 2010

You know that good tired, really good, really tired?


Yep, that is me. Drove for hours on Friday, except when I was waiting for I90 to clear the wreckage near exit 47 where they had a multiple vehicle and spinout blocking accidents - waited for hours as the snow flurries flew pushed by gusting wind winding through the passes. Good sound sleep except for the patrolling dog warning the wild world away from the hilltop home I am staying in this weekend. I am on their wireless, too cool for an old Pony Express fan like me. One of Kit Carson's better jobs I always thought.

Have a new, not designed by Earl, green RWVA Shoot Boss hat and a hooded sweatshirt to increase my projection of calm professional expertise. It must be working, my crew was awesome today, and the shooters outshooting most first day shooters I have experienced. Four earned their Rifleman patches, two were youth often feared with dangerous firearms access, but they lived up to their parents and honest shooters expectations. Another youth (anyone twenty and under, glad you asked) that wow'd me and I took a short video of him, was a left handed shooter, with a right handed bolt action 22LR, shooting along side his father with exactly the same challenges.




Anyway, a very full day here in Idaho, the weather that we had was snowing, sleeting, hailing (twice), gusting boldly (blowing target corners free) and periodic rain broken by bits of blazing Sun trying to warm us. Still the rewards are great!



Long commute to get to the range, long drive back and funny that I am beat, even a hot shower can't keep me awake much more, but I just had to share in case the world ends tonight, or you don't hear from me for days as I do one more Appleseed day tomorrow, and then try to repair my farm on FarmVille based on all the lovely cool small farms I have been looking at as we drive through this part of mid-Northern Idaho. Later (pictures, videos, and any links) but the laptop does work on the road.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like a good day at the range Earl! Keep training them!!!

Wyatt Earp said...

When you're shooting, every day is a sunny day.