Monday, May 3, 2010

Thank you, DoubleTapper...

The wind is whistling through the trees, the power went off for an hour, and the Sun is brightly shining, between very scattered scurrying rain clouds (just little ones). So having finished my book, received my new size 3X Marine Corps shooting jacket and all the patches I need, and one that I didn't order but would have if I had only known (Shoot Boss), I decided to go jogging, now I had told my wife that the belly fat was going to get me, Dr. Oz says so, and she had responded with that I would need a 2X coffin to contain me, and I had immediately thought that I don't know twelve people that would lift me in my expired estate. And left a message with Farmer Frank saying something similar and mentioning a forklift. He had some neat things about the seasons to read. I can tell the Cranky LitLady wouldn't approve of my paragraph - so cut to the chase I went jogging, and hit it hard, really! I leaped to the next point on the downhills, cranked my breathing up, stretched my legs out and pushed off my toes - all those things fat old men don't really do enough of. When I would find myself sliding into jogging I would jolt my stride back into grabbing more air between steps - more air time is faster. There are real numbers to go with my awesome efforts, but the numbers don't tell the entire tale, my attitude is the important factor in the run. Makes me want to do it again, and that will be the only thing that gets me down in weight and up in performance. Rock on!

Numbers for those that know, 296 calories, 40% fat ones, average Heart rate 123, in Zone 34m55s, Exercised 39m51s and maybe a longer distance tomorrow, or just lots of wind sprints to pick up on form... ain't life grand?

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Exercise IS still good for us, and we all need to do more... Keep leading by example Earl!