Thursday, May 6, 2010

We are going to treat you like a wounded veteran...


I am flawed, and most of it is all my fault, which gets right back into flaws, doesn't it? I was checking my blog roll, looking for something to make me leave the computer cave and hit the road and then get on with my life. So I stopped somewhere and went to see the recommended Tale of Two Americas and it was worth my time, I recommend it. My theory about self and many others from that Vietnam Era - we came back broken, got stomped on and bruised some more, shut up and got on with a life. My father and his generation came back from the terrors of WWII and built an America they dreamed of during their nightmares in combat. More of that shut up and get on with a life. I do like the idea that getting on with being a real American has to do with treating people better, and when we stop treating entertainment celebrities better than we treat the wounded veterans we will be solving many of our problems. Of course, we could just treat everyone like we loved them, with all their faults and flaws, wouldn't that be a much better world? People live like that already and I could aspire to that couldn't I? Sure...

1 comment:

threecollie said...

"...when we stop treating entertainment celebrities better than we treat the wounded veterans we will be solving many of our problems..."
Hear, hear!