Friday, June 11, 2010

Jet Lag is real... and now to a word from Earl...

I thought I did alright yesterday, edged and hacked at the front yard, got ready for today and the backyard and a second swing through the front yard. And then my wife came home, we talked and ate supper and I crashed.... until seven thirty this morning. So I will blame jet lag and then I started thinking about traveling (no, I don't know how NFO does it) but in all the science fiction books, how many time travelers crash as their body tries to adjust to the new reality? Okay, take time out of it, go to a different planet with a different central hot gaseous globe, with a different atmosphere - how is your body going to react? No, you aren't really in charge of all the functions of your body - most of it is on auto-pilot, otherwise you would forget to breath when you get really excited.

I am watching Uruguay vs. France from Capetown on CBC, cable from Canada -- my mother's birth country (Uruguay) so I am for them, although I don't mind fighting along side the French and training with them. But the yard needs my help so I will have lunch as I watch and then sharpen the blades on the lawnmower and get back to cleaning up the front yard. Maybe even hacking the neighbor's front, he and his wife are in Hawaii.

I have good or almost the best of reasons to stop cutting the backyard - although I got most of it hacked down and edged up a bit. When I moved one of the Recycle Containers, I found what happens when Man is gone, from the Earth - wasn't that on Discovery or History Channel. Well, I took my photos, replaced the container and checked later, sure enough the mother is back and sitting. Life is good, have at it!

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

I just stay permanently jet lagged Earl... sigh... And yes, Nature WILL fill the vacuum left by man. :-)

threecollie said...

Nice...the bird's nest not the jet lag.

Joycelyn said...

So, what kind of bird does this nest?