Thursday, September 30, 2010

I vote NO, on almost everything to do with politics



I am not a fan of commercials on television, checking WWE and World News Tonight I find more time wasted trying to sell me something than the information or entertainment I am looking for gets broadcast. Okay, I normally live with that, but in the day of DVD, videos and great music - why am I putting up with it? So, I spend my time in wars gone by, the West like it never could have been and other fairy tales, then find I have to stop the show to take a break - seems I can't wait for the commercials that don't exist.

I am not really complaining about that so much as since it is political season - both, no - ALL sides are spending money trying to get me to fear, hate, love or not vote for or against someone or something. On real news the State Budget is cut again, timed perfectly for the election, couldn't wait until after - the new improved state income tax is on the ballot, along with more liquor and food taxes and many other things. Every side wants my attention, and I just want to quietly vote and keep them out of my home, away from my shooting, off of my cablevision, and out of my wallet. I am re-reading and studying Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fischer, wondering how Paul would like the Boston that now sits on the bay.

3 comments:

threecollie said...

I can escape the TV, but getting away from the phone calls seems to be impossible. Even with caller ID I am forced to take unidentified calls because of Liz's job. Some of the political callers are downright rude.

Old NFO said...

I tend to ignore/vote against anybody that calls/badgers me...

Long-time RN said...

All the money that goes into these ads, what a waste. I'd like to see a dedicated channel running political ads which could be viewed by choice. Folks would select their state, the office seat up for election, and view all candidates taped rhetoric at will, thus freeing voters from these annoying commercials.