Saturday, October 2, 2010

The biggest, the best, the most, wurst.......


Have you been listening to the number of people that no longer use er, and est to make comparatives? I am more good than you, I am the most good of all? They don't usually use it with good (better, best), but I hear it with happy (more happy, most happy) and sexy (more sexy, most sexy). Maybe it was a change in one of those public school texts that I hear no one looks at for anything but PC and mush now. People don't really tell me what is going on, but polling data says that... and experts say that... and I have always heard that they say... Numbers seem to count more than real value, dollars more than effect, and on...

My favorite group has been hijacked by counters.... how many people have attended, how many are Riflemen, how many are seventh stepping - I have trouble with groups of over thirty-five. But most and many mores are tramping on all my little efforts. But, I believe in the little guy, the young people, the old ones - so I stay. One of the new things seems to be Winterseed - how terrible an Appleseed can be with bad weather, cold and snow and wet count, oh, and it should be Winterish... not exactly Valley Forge but close. Now, I know that cold isn't going to make you shoot better, and I know that safety on the range and the roads getting there and home are more critical than any special frozen blue Rifleman patch, but they are thinking it is time to offer something more challenging. The coldest Winter ever... or like the Starks keep saying "Winter is Coming" as they live in their ice castle.

Another good reason to hibernate, tom foolery...

No comments: