Thursday, December 23, 2010

They don't know what they are writing about...


Could be writing about myself, but the NRA, in the Editor's Letter for January, 2011 issue of American Rifleman published: "...a group of 17 Americans of the 328th Infantry Regiment, 82nd "Rainbow" Division ..."

Well, no one is perfect, they had good intentions, and those guys are all dead now anyway, so who cares?

I do. The 82nd Division is the "All American" the 42nd Division is the "Rainbow"

Both units are alive and well, they have associations of former members, it does matter.

I still think the NRA is a fine organization, but too close to Washington, DC and too far away from the American Riflemen and women... which is why there aren't as many shooters everywhere as there once were... but that is only my opinion and I have be wrong before. I did find both the Christmas Spirit and interest in Shooting in New England worth sharing. I really liked reading where this team is located. Get them on the Appleseed trail young and early.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good point Earl, too many now in positions of authority have never served, and they don't bother to fact check things in the 'rush' to publish...

Home on the Range said...

Merry Christmas Earl. Hope you make it back out here next year.