Friday, March 25, 2011

Weather Channel is flying high again...


Well, do you gamble? That is when you bet something you can't afford to lose to gain something Chance, Luck, or divine intervention believes you deserve... if you can afford to lose it, it isn't gambling it is a gift and don't expect to be thanked for it. Just mentioned that, because I have had enough money to buy Lotto tickets for a long time, so I have always considered it a gift to the State Revenue collectors. Just might have a chance of winning, you know. But you have to be optimistic about your chances and what you would do if you won. Aside from finding out all the friends and family (very extended probably) and all the professional charities that are sure you have more than you need and could contribute to their causes, you will certainly give a large portion to government revenue collection agencies. I once amused myself as I jogged thinking of all the ways I could use found money - you think I wouldn't have walked off with the cash and fancy pistol found at a crime scene in "No Country for Old Men"? Yes I would have, but I would have washed all the money and put it in a dryer. Anyway, I have stopped buying Lotto tickets, no longer having an expectation of wonderful things happening because of the government picking my numbers. There are tons of wonderful things in my life, none of them came from the government except in direct compensation for working for them. Often in places that the Ruling Elite didn't want to go or send their sons and daughters. Yeah, prison libraries count. Library nightmares are so much better the battlefields, and the military hangover.

But that came to mind as I look at the current home maintenance problems, many things I left to get done later - things I didn't know were happening - more skills in destroying than fixing - and as my wife mentioned, I have said I was going to do some things and it is already almost ten years later (I want to think it hasn't been that long, but it may have been) they are so still undone. And then I look at the TaxedEnoughAlready Party, the Republicans that embraced them for the votes (in certain states), the Democrats and they are all promising things for the future, but not understanding how it will be paid for. We are a Christian nation, and we feel guilty if we don't help those that need, we are a White nation and think others aren't as good or capable (I didn't mention that some things we think are SOOO Wrong), and we are all dreamers - really. So we expect our Government to do everything, well and always for the better future. Makes it so easy for the fast talkers to make us build football stadiums, destroy old ones and build newer and better ones. Why? oh, I covered that 'dreamers'. To fight wars that we have overwhelming superiority, that we can't afford, for saving hundreds of thousands of innocent rebellious civilians with weapons (Serbia-Kosovo, Libya) and ignore the deaths of millions (Cambodia - Dafur). If you wonder about if we should be there, Bill O'Reilly thinks "If America is, indeed, a noble country" then it has to save those that can't save themselves. Does it follow that I, being a noble human being, must save the unfortunate in Waco, Texas or Ruby Ridge when the Powers That Be get out of control? I gave my cellphone to call 911 for a wife having problems with her husband, the government has ruined one of the best families on the block, retired a working law enforcement officer, and just came in like an elephant making lace...

The government had its warning when the Bush Junior financial meltdown started, it was handled wrong by him and his successor President Obama, Barack is such a great Old Testament name or Arabic name. Having seen what wonders of self control and deliberate thought are being exhibited by the government in all its goodness, I have little optimism about the future of America. I do believe in the hard working, God fearing people of America, I believe in family, I believe in Love and for that I have much hope in their future. The whole mess is going to be swept up in chaos, and those that I believe in will do like the Japanese this week, they will do the best they can to clean up, rebuild better and get back to living normally as before the interruption. Many of the dead will be forgotten and never found, many of the great and very small ones will never be forgotten. In Japan even if unknown, they will be remembered and the time they departed, they do that there.

If you have forty years to live, you think one way, if you have four months to live you live another. Governments maybe should have to die annually or such, with all their debts and such paid off? That might be an idea whose time has come? If you leave office with a debt owed by your government you go to Government Debtors Prison to work it off. (GDP?) As I have stopped telling my wife "You are going to miss me when I am gone." So will those just feeding at the trough, they will have to go Feral

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good point Earl...