Wednesday, August 10, 2011

RSVP

I am sending my regrets, I was hoping to motorcycle up to the Reunion, but my Trusty Triumph is in the shop getting repaired and serviced. Last year I rode around 9101.2 miles visiting friends and family. This year on my return trip from Chicago area I had weather and chain problems in Rapid City, South Dakota. Not everything goes according to plan.
I hope you all have a great time and catch up on what has happened since. I did like the last reunion and if all goes well, I hope to be at another one. Happy 45th!



One semester at the University of Miami, in Coral Gables. Twenty-seven years, five months and one day in the United States Army. There I trained in Infantry, worked in Artillery, spent lots of time overseas, Korea, Vietnam, Germany, Panama, Saudi Arabia and Iraq, went from Private to Command Sergeant Major, became a paratrooper and then a Master Parachutist/Jump Master. Was in combat in Vietnam and Gulf War, and worked with the German Army, the French Army and Foreign Legion and the Korean Army. I retired from that in 1994. I graduated from the University College of the University of Maryland in Europe in 1982, BA History and again in 1989 in Asia with another BA in Asian Studies. Worked for twelve years for the Washington State Library, in the Institutional Library Services. Mainly at McNeil Island Corrections Center. Working with the inmate patrons was rewarding, working for State government not so much, but when I turn sixty-five I will retire from the State also. Budget cuts closed the prison and my job.

I have been working for the last three years with the Revolutionary War Veterans Association and Project Appleseed, teaching marksmanship and honoring the heritage of April 19, 1775. All volunteer, all good.

I am married, one son, one grandson and looking forward to the future with high hopes and faith in the goodness of men everywhere. Do take care out there.

1 comment:

Long-time RN said...

Reading the yearbook note next to your picture "hopes to further his education", little did you know then the depths of the education which lay ahead.

This consistant reader, infrequent commenter, is educated through your writing. Thanks for gracing us with enduring wit and wisdom

Best to you and your family.