Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just think, 2010, the phone number for upstairs...


Well, in my working world, it is also next year's number and I am trying to get ahead of all I want to accomplish next year. Only three things on my calendar by me (sixty-too old, NRA Rifle Instructor Certification, trip to Hawaii for vacation and seeing grandson, son and daughter-in-law), one by the government of the National level (April 15th TAX TIME!). Just now there isn't much of a schedule for Appleseeds in Washington, a good selection for North Central Idaho, and Boomershoot is on (ride my Trusty Triumph to that? good idea - the winding road from the river to the top has to be cool on a motorcycle). The remainder of the year is uncertain, don't know that I will have the same job, seems the Governor doesn't like me or couldn't extract enough money from tax payers to pay the cost of the government she is running wild with... well, that is one way of looking at it. I do know that I will be working, am not sure how not to work, although I understand there are some people that do it all the time, I just am not that smart.

Went to church, practiced with the choir and then Hal (my friend) and I entered on the choral introit, instead of waiting for the first hymn.... but maybe we know what choral introit was supposed to mean? Doesn't matter, I wasn't going to allow Hal to be wrong all by himself - that got me into so much trouble when I was younger - now they just think I am a harmless old man. On the last hymn we left for the benediction, with everyone else, but the choir director wanted us back up front for the finale, a special medley of Christmas songs - which we actually did so much better than we had during practice - but having so many voices helps smooth over the mistakes... The sermon was about the Child, John the Baptist actually, I think the Pastor is saving the other baby for the Christmas Eve service. Well, it all made me aware that my home is still behind in the neighborhood and family Christmas decoration derby. I put up the decorations from Germany, Korea and other interesting places we have been. So between FarmVille visits, football and wargames I did get the house looking a lot like Christmas. Y'all have a great one.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Heh- I gave up on the decoration marathon a LONG time ago... The neighbors understand :-)