Saturday, February 13, 2010

From inside the fence: a Nice Little Friday story



The other day, I asked the five CRCC library clerks: If life is a game of chess, which piece are you, and why? I thought their responses were interesting.

One said he doesn't play chess, so he doesn't know. One said he is the King, because the King just sits around all day doing nothing and everyone protects him. Another said he is the Queen because the Queen can go in any direction it wants. Another said he is the Knight because the Knight is strategic and can attack by surprise. And one said he is the pawn, because if I make it to the other side, I can be whatever I want.

Thanks to Mel!

Assistant Librarian
Washington State Library Institutional Library Services
Coyote Ridge Corrections Center
PO Box 769, Connell, WA 99326

No comments: