Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Every day is Saturday, except Sunday...

I watched the update program about one of the television reporters, long time and well liked but with brain cancer. And the doctors have been fighting it with her for years, but half her face has fallen. You know human beings have a wonderful vocabulary, but more communication about how a person really feels comes from their face, when I say I want to see a smile all the way into the eyes and into the heart - it is because I can read your face, which is the window towards your soul. If the nerves controlling half your face are broken, cut, destroyed or just on strike - Gravity rules. Half your face is no longer under your control and although you really still are there, the message isn't getting out. Two things happen, one's idea of themselves is shattered, until the new reality becomes the new you. And those around you are uncomfortable, they would almost rather you put a mask on to HIDE your DEFORMITY!!@! Which it is not, but humans that don't love enough nor think outside the box - they all believe that everyone is the same and those that aren't are the enemy, strangers, or to be pitied. They, as you, are to be loved and lived with - we know there isn't much room for ugly in Hollywood, but the rest of the world isn't there - just entertained by the beautiful people.

China as a Rapidly Aging population, all those that survived the Communist Revolutions. Come to think of it, America has a RAPIDLY AGING population, I have come to realize that I am one of them - shock for someone so young so long, I am ancient! or working on it. And since I feel I am doing so much (or so little) so slowly anymore - why is this label "Rapidly Aging" slapped upon my face? Got to be able to do something faster than the neighbors?

Year of the Rabbit, yep, we did not take advantage of the Tiger and now, thanks to the New Moon and Ground Hog day, are going into the year of the Rabbit. The bunnies are under ice and snow, so the Ground Hog (having little sense) is coming out to find his shadow is missing.... two more years of Global Warming. I am getting tired of the same fearful messages in the weather reporting, less emotion and adjectives and adverbs, please. Remember when all this icy cold stuff stops, floods happen from the meltdown, yep, get to high ground.

Too many 'yep's' today, go find the morning coffee. I do notice that traditional Korean dress, gets updated and such every year - how much of a tradition is that? Now that old black suit of grandfather's in the attic, now that was a tradition that didn't change during all those years. Hmmm, since I am a grandfather is that why I haven't purchased a suit for years? Get new jeans oftener... yeah, I know.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

You are correct, we ARE aging out, and the generation(s) behind us don't seem to care, or are willing to care FOR us... sigh...