Sunday, November 13, 2011

Do not take today back into History...

J. Edgar is still wandering my mind, for a few reasons. Mainly that our present day people want to make Mister Hoover, more like us, flawed. Now I am not going to tell you that he wasn't flawed. If you listen to the wisdom of Earl, you would know that I think as you age you start to resemble the kind of insides you have as character - happier gets happier, and uglier gets uglier, and such.. so by my analysis of J. Edgar's later pictures, he was a toad. What would you expect from someone that spent most of their life in the swamps around Washington DC?

If you go to Asian countries, you often see men holding hands! Shock! and immediately know that they must be having sexual loving relationships... wrong. You transferred your culture on to a foreign one, and missed the reality. We do the same for various reasons when we look back in time to other ages. Benjamin Franklin was never really married to the mother of his children and you can take it all from there.

Now, I don't know anything about Director Hoover's sexual orientation, but since I do believe he was a very frightened man - he wouldn't engage in things that would make him likely to be a criminal or a lesser man in the eyes of the public. And no matter what one's orientation to sexual acts, one is in control, you can spend a life time without ever engaging in perversions or natural sexual exchanges with another human. Now, we have fools wandering the wasteland of television telling us how they couldn't help themselves, for drugs, drinks, smoking - assaulting children for fear of rejection from adults and all kinds of things - and we the audience are supposed to feel sympathy for their struggle...

Sorry, they are adults and doing wrong, I have no sympathy. I like football, if you told me any of the coaches and players were engaging in human sacrifice, serial murder, rape, and the people around them were in sure knowledge of it --- and WAITING FOR SOMEONE IN AUTHORITY TO HANDLE THE PROBLEM --- I would say get your own boat, there won't be enough sandbag fillers to build up the dikes you are going to need for the coming floods.

I feel better now, that all that is off my mind. Sir William Johnson of New York colony, had a marital relationship with Mary Brant -- in the one culture she was in charge of her family, in the European culture he was. They weren't MARRIED, although they lived and raised their children as best they could for their times and place. You just can't take all your values and experiences back in time and re-create what you thought happened. My aunt is still appalled by people that have bedpans as porcelain center pieces on their tables to decorate with flowers.

2 comments:

Rifleslinger said...

Nice post Earl. I don't usually leave a lot of comments, but this time I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF.

Hollywood is like a giant funnel filled with crap piped directly into our culture. Someday I might tell you how I really feel about it, but I still have to hold back for now.

threecollie said...

Another excellent post. You don't very often disappoint.