Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What do you see...


As I reach for my cereal bowl to prepare and eat my gruel, I find one of the eight piece set sitting awkwardly on top of 'my' favorite bowl from the four piece set. The other three have fallen in battle with gravity over the years and only one is still at its post. I re-arrange them and get my bowl. There are five bowls from the six piece set below the eight piece set. One of those didn't make it, I seem to remember shattered slivers that had to be carefully cleaned off the floor. I never liked the color or pattern of that last set. I have too much, and it makes for little appreciation of the bounty, all I want for me is 'my' bowl to start my day.

3 comments:

Joycelyn said...

Isn't it funny how the correct bowl or cup can make our morning? And moving after 30+ years got rid of a couple of my sets, & now I only have the ones I like.

Merlyn said...

have way too many of every thing. Must have focused on the wrong values in life. Need to share not just entertain.

Earl said...

Entertaining if good, but figure if your family in total drops in, how hard is it to buy enough paper plates and cups to cover the feasts, what you will most remember is the Love you share, not how beautiful the ceramics were.