Monday, January 2, 2012

I am not the smartest guy in the room, and I am alone...


I would have to confess to being a white middle class male, but improperly motivated by my life experiences and the decided lack of leadership. My education was twelve years at the public school system, the church, the public library and extended family and friends. Then I dropped out of the University of Miami, not doing well there, and went off to war - which I had long desired. I had tested smart enough to ask for anything they offered, but young enough to only want Special Forces or Airborne Infantry. I trained for Infantry, including eighteen weeks at Officer Candidate School at Fort Benning, Georgia. But my major weakness was exposed, I was young and said what I thought was the truth at the most unwanted times to the wrong audience. So I was paneled and I said I wouldn't accept a turn back, and I made Private First Class and was in a Casual Company awaiting orders for somewhere else in the Army. I was sent off to Korea, for thirteen months and assigned to the Artillery, which was nothing like Infantry or what I was best prepared for... I adapted and overcame. I learned, I served and grew. Nineteen months in Korea, five in Germany, twelve months in Vietnam, three years in the Airborne, three years in the Drill Sergeant duty, four years in Germany, three more years in the Airborne Division, three more years in Korea, then back to the Airborne Division (six months in Saudi Arabia and a week in Iraq) then back to Germany.. total twenty-seven years, five months and one day I retired in Fort Lewis, Washington. Along the way I had married, raised a son, finished a BA twice. Time to retire and see what the civilian side was like. That is so you understand I am not of the RULING CLASS, I wasn't even qualified to be an officer.

We don't have a Noble class in America, you can be from an important family: Adams, Harrison, Roosevelt, Bush, Kennedy, Clinton but you aren't Noble just advantaged and expected to be special. There is no ONE Political Party in charge: NAZI, FACIST, Communist, Peoples Party -- No, America is everyone with Representation, which because some predators work better in packs, have always seemed to have two major political parties of different philosophies. If you were European you couldn't see the difference between the two, but inside America there are real differences pointed out constantly. I side with the Europeans, there isn't enough difference. That there are political parties is the outside face of the political process, inside the branches of government there are real grouping of power - which is a constant process and has little to do with the public face. To help these movers and shakers of public representation are the men with money, the academic experts in economic/social sciences and the media for promotion and predictions. Put them together; politicians, money movers, media and academics -- that is the American Ruling Class. Now you can get into this class, and you can be thrown out, but it is a real class and the important thing is that they Know and Truly believe they are in charge.

Which is why I am very happy not being in the Ruling Class, but worrisome in that I don't think I need to be RULED. I will be responsible for my actions, borrowing and service and job performance, keyword is "I". Some will say that I can't be trusted without being watched, but they are wrong, and for some reason I don't think I need to watch y'all either. They do keep trying to catch my attention but I have figured out being a quiet old guy at the back of the room gets me very ignored. First they have to control the extremists, then those that aren't comfortable, then when it seems they have everyone going their way by their say... then they will send some minions after me and a few like me. They always want total control, but they will tear themselves apart when everyone else is properly RULED.

Oh, I studied History, and evolutionarily there isn't any difference in the Biblical record of Israel and today's empires - except fewer Ruling Elite follow the rule of the LORD. Nothing new under the Sun.

Ron Paul is not one of the Ruling Elite, and so the Media likes to mock him for being so different, and although I don't think Ron Paul is a Savior - he is so out of favor with the Republican Party Wing of the Ruling Elite that if there were a Roman Authority to bring him up on charges they would have done so... He actually thinks we shouldn't have attacked Iraq, or Afghanistan (so do I, but then I still scared by our first WAR without declaration or goal - Vietnam) he wants to close the Federal Reserve, return to the Constitution and ignore Iran's potential Nuclear Weapon. So there are many entrenched institutions and interests determined not to allow an outsider to take POWER and rule from them, and they know, like I, that even if the thirty percent of the nation supporting independent thought and responsibility and those active in TEA Party operations are not going to carry enough votes for a change. So we will get one of two choices - Obama and Obama-like from the Republicanside of the Ruling Elite - if we know what is good for us. We don't, that is why they are the Ruling Elite.

But wasn't it the Ruling Elite that know so much, have done so much for us in our fears and feeble struggles of life, that got us 15 Trillion Dollars in debt? That think they can control the economy by building more chains? Aren't all those smarter than most of us, harder working than most of us, certain sure that their way is the only way - aren't they the problem? Trying to make America, a debtor nation and dependent on help from some higher government? Our American image becomes one of a welfare dependent, unemployable, only sustained by more government programs that fail?

I think the Presidential Election is going to be a sham, the Republican Candidate will not change the direction of America, Obama isn't going to... the Media has to sell ad time so they aren't going to make America better... bankers will loan money but they are doing it for more profits. No solutions there. So, Americans have to elect a House and Senate that will work on reducing the government size and ability to only that allowed in the Constitution of the United States or a new one. Any have a tax code ready to put in place in 2013? Have any candidates willing to take the label of TEA Party Terrorist, or just one of those libertarian or Constitutionalist? There is no WILL so there is no WAY.

PS: I am tired of "2nd Amendment Right". I am fine with the Second Amendment but the "Right" is of "the People". The Second Amendment lays out what the government will not do -- and the Ruling Elite has done so anyway, while you weren't paying attention. Sigh...




3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Earl, YOU are the one the 'ruling' class is afraid of, self educated, self motivated, religious, and a Veteran, all the things that will prevent you from blindly accepting their new 'rules'...

Earl said...

The Lord is the only ruler one needs.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog because I also support and believe in Ron Paul and here in Ohio I am trying to make a difference by telling as many people as I can about Ron Paul. I personally have told over 500 people about Ron Paul in the last 2 months. I read every word you wrote and I am very happy to see others out there who are like myself and still believe in principles in which our great country was founded on. Your blog is very insightful and I hope you will allow me to reference it when discussing or debating Ron Paul.