Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yes, it is snowing in my backyard, Al Gore....


I am a failure, didn't do the day's start correctly and fell behind so quickly. I was distracted by a long legged redhead, that couldn't dig a fighting position, wasn't slick when loading a shotgun and she had a tattoo. Still I was tempted to put my life on hold while her song and story loaded and then played. Needless to say it was just the tip of the iceberg (no global warming here) I watched another and read blogs and dropped some comments and the morning was gone...


I did get my gruel, shave and dress and get a sleepy kiss good-bye from my wife (who likes staying up and sleeping in), teasingly I nuzzled her and she smiled keeping her eyes closed and told me to have a great day, I told her to care for those kids (infants and toddlers' childcare on post). Which led me to think as I drove through the wet darkness about when I stopped taking hugs and nuzzles from the people that cared for me - I figure it was when boyhood meant being tough and hard and working on becoming my father or some other larger than life hero. Must be a way for a boy to grow up without missing the nurturing and still be as hard as he needs to be to destroy his enemies quickly and completely. That brings up the carrying a weapon, so one is prepared, and I don't carry because I am almost certain that it won't be needed in my quiet life (I do need to re-new CCP next year) and absolutely positive that if I had to shoot an enemy I would and without regret for their loss of life, but sad that my life wasn't gentler - nothing changes when you have been over that ground before, ride it the same way if it brings victory.


So I come home two library periods early, for a forty hour week is difficult to schedule when I have to attend training away, and I watch the snow falling; gentle fat flakes, covering the mown backyard, the little statue of Saint Francis and my wife's freshly seeded garden. The pile of procrastination wouldn't take care of itself, and the snow will fall as it wills, looks like minivan in the morning.

1 comment:

breda said...

Nice pistol! We have one of those, too. So much fun to shoot.

(and tell your lovely bride that she has great hair. I'm letting mine go silver and I hope it turns out as beautiful as hers!)