Wednesday, May 14, 2008

As I read the 2nd Amendment....

I read that Senator McCain has leadership problems, his Secret Service detail is in charge, and as I read the 2nd Amendment (wildly looking for my copy on my bookcase) A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. So, it isn't the Secret Service that makes America strong and free - but the People with their RIGHTS intact.

Not only do I seem to have problems with current Republican Party goals, Democratic Party goofy 'good grief!' goals and the three primary candidates for the office of the President, but the Secret Service has decided that my introduction of a working firearm into the area of this important person will topple the country. They even want military firearms disabled when the President is around troops, sigh. Removing the bolt carrier groups? This is the group without enough to do for the President and family, but expanding to cover those not running. All a little bit better than me and thee, aren't they?

Yesterday I received my fourth way to carry concealed without distracting the public that is in harmony with the Universe. I like it best, although when I think about all the weapons carrying I did when I was truly dangerous - Open Carry really works, but I will always be a blue jeaned 'throw it into the back pocket' kind of guy. I also remain the guy that will carry only when I think I might have reason to need a firearm; then I am the guy (in my mind, not tested in public yet) that will go towards the sound of Guns and Distress.



No comments: