Thursday, June 5, 2008

It isn't as bad as I want it to be...


End of the day, wrapping up and I am listening and looking at 'Raqstar which makes me want to get off the comfortable life style and back to the dust and duty. Too old, too old, too old. The meeting went well, good work done, changes to start next week at work, a day for medical visit and book and CD buying, a day to present the ILS Blog again - keep pushing it will happen or I will just go back to my exile on McNeil Island. Another man joins the ILS pack - four of us now and we do add so much to the day, and the return of one most capable former Marine to working with us, she was really good. I did try to keep tabs and reach out and touch an old friend today, it didn't exactly happen but that lack of social graces (or whatever mental illness I am denying) gets in my way. I did get to ride my motorcycle and feel frozen for most of the morning - it is June isn't it? I wished a nice Library Lady a Happy Birthday, and noticed that Kim had a couple of very nice recommendations for .22 caliber rifles, very nice. I was drooling over his CZ 550 Ultimate which is on my Lotto winning list - MegaMillions is tomorrow, right? I have been invited to welcome back the 4/2 to Fort Lewis, the advance party was in at the end of May and the rest are coming Friday and Sunday. I guess two of my Iraq links will dry up and I will have to find a new source for my daily fix. I will be glad they are back. So, I can now wrap my day up, no one noticed my concealed carry, which is what is supposed to happen. Looking in a mirror somewhere today I noticed another crag in the face, erosion wears one from inside out...

1 comment:

breda said...

thank you, Earl, for helping make this lady happy.

(& there might be a rifle in my future after all.)