Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's Sunday, time to join the rest of Cyberspaced...

Woke from military dreams, again, never really shake them, and with a real war, almost, in Georgia I could have flash backs. No, I was never that high speed and my favorite computer war games never get beyond Knights in armor, unless I play Civilization and then Nukes are critical and lots of Engineers to scrub clean whatever is left. According to the civilized fools, a Security Council action is needed. Veto power with Russia and a weak statement by the American President, that hasn't left China and the basketball games, are signals to Russia that Georgia isn't in our direct interests. We should be able to sell all of NATO a missile defense system now, or they will make separate accords with the Russian Bear, which still has claws, imagine that.

No Men's Breakfast at the Church this morning, I will go to church later. Since one of our better old men died and he doesn't call and the best cook went to another church the breakfast has fallen apart and away.

I set up the plan to go shoot FASTER! this afternoon, the new postal match. Next week back to rifles. I do want to see how I will do on time, although I don't think fast draw and fast shooting is key to my survival - I like cover and concealment best - then gun control - aimed shots on target. I was reading about someone wanting to shoot, but laundry and mowing awaited her - I understand but everything in its place - practice on a piano, with the flute or violin, will ensure great performances - and you can still wash the clothes, cut the grass and play with the cats when they are ready.

Well, time to hit the road on the motorcycle, which is scheduled for maintenance on Tuesday - in preparation of my long trip to Lincoln, Oregon in two weeks.

UPDATE! Breaking News!

It has been discovered that I just don't shoot well, FASTER! Back to basics, practice, practice and more practice. Lucky me that the other guys aren't practicing more than I am - or am I just very fortunate that I don't have to worry about bad guys because I work in a gun free zone? And I will never go shopping for Crocs, even if they came in Camo or Airborne match my beret colours. Never... is a long long time. Well, back to watching the Olympics out of the corner of my eye as a re-read The Road, trying to figure out where Charlize Theron is supposed to be in the story - she has to be the long gone mother/wife? Didn't see her the first read at all, civilization is all gone, who talks to their memories? Oh, I do, but lucky I have the internet, so I can talk to my self.



Worthy words from The Road, "People were always getting ready for tomorrow. I didnt believe in that. Tomorrow wasnt getting ready for them. It didnt even know they were there." by Cormac McCarthy.

1 comment:

Yoda of Math said...

Regarding the late cook: sometimes even the best backup plans do not work. I remember finding out that my alma mater listed employees who died while still employed as "left without warning" in their personnel files.