Monday, August 11, 2008

What makes your heart pump, baby?

I have been thinking about firearms, getting older and shaky. So I have been getting ready to move on to area weapons - Demolitions! Demo! Fire in the Hole! say it three times and light that fuse. I have an aversion to electrical detonators from personal experience and blood shed, of course I was younger then and I can handle it now - but don't have to like it.

Something great about making the Earth move, read all about the wonder. And if you get real good, the implosion booms are waiting... to hire you.

4 comments:

Yoda of Math said...

I think everyone likes the sound of a kaboom as long as it's not too loud. When I create animated PowerPoints to show my students I always include a few digital explosions. I find them so satisfying.

Frank W. James said...

My grandfather was a dynamiter, well known locally for it. He had the opposite opinion from yours. He hated fuses and blasting caps because he had tooooo many 'run on 'em'.

Dad said the last time a fuse ran on him, his brother and Grandpa the charges had been set under a big oak tree out in the middle of the field. Of course, they ran for their lives and when the charge went off, they were all knocked face down onto the sandy field. Dad said he looked back and he could see five feet of daylight under the root ball as the tree 'launched'. When the tree crashed to earth its limbs missed them (all 3) by inches. Grandpa went to electric blasting caps, telephone wire and a car battery after that.

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Old NFO said...

Big booms are fun, but so are the little ones... I'm like you Earl, too damn old and tired to run :-)

K-Dubyah said...

Y'all never grow up, do you?

That's a good thing!