Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sales on Sunday


I go to CMP and check to see if my orders (one email and one US Postal) are logged, and get a message that I am not affiliated or have allowed my affiliation to lapse and get back with them when I have corrected it - email, fax or mail. That seems to be my problem with the Democrats and Republicans - I am not affiliated, I am independent and they aren't going to represent me- okay, I am not worth worrying about anyway - although I always believed independence of thoughts and actions was the best part of America. Oh, well, to ride on military bases I must have reflective gear, and ICON has just what I think I need, Squad II Spec Pack $125, the price is ugly, the pack is international orange, which is ugly, but I think it could easily replace my current backpack and I would be happy. I have a thing about being ugly, and unaffiliated, alone again or always.

4 comments:

Yoda of Math said...

I thought you already decided to vote for the newest celebrity and feminist to walk on the political red carpet ... possibly with designer clothes and a full-time nanny. Once you make up your mind, the only thing left that the parties want is your money.

Earl said...

I thought my post was about the Democrats and Republicans not individuals, I really must have difficulty with English. CMP, affiliation, Democrats and Republicans, ugly and alone and unaffiliated - yep, someone is reading strange things into my posts. I am such a loser, where is English 101 when I need it? Forget it, football season has arrived.

Old NFO said...

Been there on the CMP no-afil... Missed out on the Rockola carbines because my membership at Quantico lapsed. On the pack, ugly works if it keeps you visible to the idjits on the road with you!

Earl said...

Received an email from CMP, and my order is in the stack and will be processed as they go through the ones proceeding. Cool! I am in line, which always means I have a chance to get to the front of it. Sailor Curt has a raffle of a collector grade M1 on his site, 250 tickets, $10 a ticket, for a good cause.

I do know that being seen is the only way to stay alive on the bike, I am thinking about upgrading the pack and reflectors.