Saturday, March 21, 2009

Earl goes to the Gun Show in Puyallup...

Looking for Hispanic Gangsters buying weapons for the Drug War in Mexico. Didn't see any.

Looking for rifles that I just had to have. Didn't see any. Did see many that were beautiful, but they wouldn't be lonely for long, and I am still dancing with my own thank you.

Went looking for peace and quiet, but the Gun Show isn't the local library - large crowds of people packed like PETA wouldn't do to your beef still on hoof. Yes, I thought that mooing and horns would have worked. Met one of the Corrections Officers from McNeil Island and talked crowds, military shooting (1903 through M1) and reloading.

Didn't find any ATF agents in undercover clothes working the crowd for Obama - the things I don't see when I am looking. Did see lots of Pro Gun and Anti-Obama bumper stickers, didn't see any from American Hunters & Shooters Association - they didn't even have a table. The number of Friends of the NRA having dinners and raffles were as numerous as the counties of Western Washington - except I don't think I saw King County nor Seattle - but sometime I think there are only dead voters there and all the workers commute in daily - but I have been wrong before.

Did watch a gunsmith mounting a scope (I still haven't got one and am interested), did see some nice leatherwork for all the stuff I NEED (okay I don't need) but it was so good. Did think that for my motorcycle I could get a scabbard and a carbine - then thought about how that would work the next time Gravity grabs me, my bike and my inattention... nope. Gravity Rules! Still another day and a half to go.

3 comments:

threecollie said...

Sounds like a terrific day! The boy and I may go to one tomorrow where my folks have a booth (they sell books). Always a lot of fun.

Old NFO said...

Sounds like you had about the same luck I did...

Jeffro said...

The Snark is strong in this one.

Glad you had a good time!