Thursday, October 21, 2010

Okay, my blog I can say what I think... or fear...

No, I don't worry about my job, remember I was part of the budget cut of 2009 in the state of Washington and the politicians' state of denial. But NPR (National???? Public Radio) fired one of their hires because of what he said on another network - he said when he saw blank it made him fear full. Not his exact words - but it was enough that he lost his job over it - fired on the telephone. Guess they will send his computer to the FBI and his personal stuff from his desk or locker to his home of record. I will say that the lady that fired him was wrong on so many counts - but I certainly don't think you will her saying on FOX News that she fears recently fired employees.

Joe Huff often does a test for bigotry, and changes the words used in anti-gun rhetoric, to one of those demeaning words used for the others in the world that ain't like us. So I thought, that if the fired employee had only said when he goes to airports and sees men with guns under their clothing he is fearful, they never would have fired him. Never. Yep, it is getting stupid out there. The Democrats are still hoping that women can't think for themselves and will vote for Democrats because they want more taxes, more spending, more chances to only make as much money as a man. Ask a women making more money than her male peers in the same business if she wants them to have the same as she gets - only if it means they get more than they did, not if all of them are lowered to the same level. Does this mean that if we all get the same wages I can hire only one gender instead of each? I can see places where all women would be great, and all men would be also.

For sure I don't want someone in Washington, DC deciding who I hire, nor who I fire, and seniority doesn't cut it either. I will just never be happy until you all start treating the world better no matter who they are. Did see that someone, an expert, was on World News mentioning that sitting at work is BAD for you, all those wonderful people that insisted that my inmate clerks needed chairs - wanted bad things to happen. Actually they had to stand and move often enough that most were going to be fine. Back to raising my home computers and burning the recliners outside. Night!

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Earl- It IS rather interesting that he was fired for being honest too... I really wonder why we fund NPR at all...

Home on the Range said...

Earl - off topic. But I'm coming out in Feb. to see the brothers. Would be honored if you and your bride would join us for supper. About an hour and half from you. Will talk to you soon.

threecollie said...

I wonder if they people who are trying to defund NPR will get it done. Probably not but....they are working real hard at training us not to say what we think