Friday, November 19, 2010

I was going to Hibernate, but instead I will just be...


obsolete. Not to worry, it has been a great run and I have really been blest, most of us just had a good time, but I get to know that I have really been blest. My spell checker doesn't like that way of spelling but then it wasn't an Anglo-Saxon spell checker - see, I am very obsolete. When I went to school the difference between blest and blessed was more than spelling and phonetics, still is in my mind. Of course when I went to school we were expected to pass or fail, and failure was repeating the grade with younger children.

I went to do stuff today, preparing for shooting this weekend, looking for my survival in broken-down car in the wilderness, found most of it but then noticed that I had a big box of RWVA t-shirts, and two bags worth, and I knew I had a aviator's kit bag half full of t-shirts from my last Appleseed and a totally un-used shoot box with everything one needs for a shoot of thirty plus folks. So, I changed my supply request for December's Appleseed in Eagle Creek, Oregon to just Winterseed Rifleman patches if they had any. I also took a picture of my Trusty Triumph surrounded (and it can't get out!) by all the Appleseed stuff, targets, t-shirts, shoot boxes, supporting tools and gear, but no rifles in the garage.

I finished the cutting of the grass and mulching the leaves, broke the mower but finished is finished, won't cut the yard again until Winter breaks - just not enough Sun to grow grass - it is dark out there. Then I got ambitious and got the high ladder and went to mudding the skylight, and did it. When it is well set, next week, sanding and painting and my wife will be shocked again. She has Women's Bible Study in her home tomorrow and I have much to do before I sleep, wake early and drive off for three hours of darkness. One of the things was to turn in the film from Korea that her sister sent her, from the cameras that we had given them years ago.... and sure enough Safeway doesn't do film any longer - read above about the dinosaurs... me! I am on digital and my computer and only print the pictures my wife wants of our grandson, but my wife gave the older cameras to her sister, with film and she used them somewhere and sent the film back to share and get processed... and Safeway doesn't do that anymore. Hmm, so I found the drug store that would take the film and send it off to be back in a week. I haven't played any of our old vinyl records lately either. Being lazy I just turn on FM stereo and listen to what strikes me as moving...

Convincing me that I totally out of touch is an EXPERT telling everyone that divorce is good for the children. Build a civilization on that won't you?

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, we're getting obsolete Earl, but the 'stuff' we have obsolete or not, still works! That is more than we can say for some of the 'new' stuff...