Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tomorrow a new me....


Yep, the old me is worn out and not fun to live with, although I got a kiss from my wife today, I figured it was because I was going to fill up her car and get it washed. On facebook this picture waiting for an answer of what it was on a 1954 M1, and I thought I knew but asked for my wife's first language skills and we figured it was Data On Personal Equipment, the Battle Sight Zero for this ROK soldier about 1956, so we sent that answer on and made the questioner happy. I want to see the training manual that it came out of... much of the ROK Army and Marine training is locked in that 1950 model from the American Forces. I attended ROK Ranger training and recognized the physical fitness drills and obstacle courses from the Fort Benning Ranger training of the 1950 era. Koreans don't mess much with success, since the last war we WON was in 1945, I keep wondering why we don't try to repeat success, instead of ties and failures...

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

VERY interesting... first one of those I've ever seen!