Sunday, June 7, 2009

some time one cares too much, and is touchy...

I went after two mugs of coffee for a walk around (about?), mostly the Naval Housing area north of the air port. I did find the library, public, open Monday through Friday, and only until seven three days a week - budget? It sits beside a large school, so sighting is excellent. I will look in on them during the coming week. I found the NEX large and the MiniMart smaller, I also found the Harley-Davidson dealer - selling Ninjas and some scooters and a few quads. The used bikes show lack of love, the saltwater must be cleaned off, I may leave my battle scars from my moments of failure and total excitement but I clean and oil the Trusty Triumph. And although my wife worried, since she was sure I hadn't had breakfast that I was in danger -- a pocket full of cash I could feed myself at will. Still she sent my son on his racing bicycle out looking for me, at least he got the exercise.

I was up early enough to be in the morning quiet (only on Sunday, folks) and in Hawaii's cool point, not really but not as hot as it will be later. A few miles of walking (I did about two hours worth) even done slowly is good for me. The number of new plants, birds and bird songs are nice to listen to. My blood pressure was wonderful - having pressure is always wonderful, and the numbers weren't bad, will see how the week winds on. I am sure that the baby has affected my life style -- eat, sleep, eat, sleep -- and that is a real reason for the blood pressure to lower. Okay, I did try my son's Smart Push up thingees, have to use them some more to see if they get my recommendation -- not that the company is waiting for my official announcement. I am of the opinion that most of y'all are not exercising as much as is good for you and your health. But then I figure you will live with what works for you and not ask me for universal health care -- ask a service person what health care is like in their organization, they aren't all SEALs or Rangers, but the government has a plan and a support system they could share with y'all if you want.

So, I have some investigation on the Library positions I could transfer to, and some on the shooting sports here -- the military still shoots, I am not sure about the civilians but will look. Back to eating and sleeping, eating and sleeping, eating and sleeping.... life is simpler at that early entry level isn't it?

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the time with Family Earl, especially Keegan! :-)