Thursday, November 26, 2009

Name the three things you are most thankful for...


That seems to be a theme of Thanksgiving every year at her home. What are you most thankful for? and I have been mulling that over in my mind for a few days.

The first thing I am very thankful for is LOVE. God is Love, the Love of God, greater Love hast no man than he lay down his life for another, the Love between a man and a woman, the love of parents for children, the love of family, love of your clan, tribe and country. I am so thankful that Love is such a wonder and so powerful that the government can't create it, tax it, hoard it, issue it only to special interests and has absolutely no ability to regulate it. I am very thankful for Love, knowing the more I give away the more I will have, knowing that I am loved no matter how undeserving, knowing that the little gentle touch given in love will stay with a stranger longer than the cold and misery and hunger of the moment. Thank God for Love.

I am thankful for Life, think about that miracle - sure everyone one you know has life, is a life, lives a life -- but that life is so complex in the chemicals, the flow and function the living with a future and a past a continuous stream to ---- yeah, sure you are an accident, of a male and female of your species mating and reproducing, getting you started and then raising you to release point and that life walks out and joins another and the new life continues - and bumps into other life and together lots of lives can build pyramids, cities, space exploration, and they can mess with it and mess it up and they can destroy life. Always choices, but still the ease and joy of life is more than one life can truly understand, what a wonder. Don't you want to be the best in your life, with your life and for other lives? It is a gift to you, and other things help shape it, ruffle it and mar it, but it will always come back to you and your responsibility to live it the best you can, again, thank God and your parents, family, teachers, friends and the environment for Life.

Finally, I am, I am thankful that I am. God is the Great I Am, but at some point I am and I am thankful for that. Don't want to preach and be theological, but I am. I get to get up every morning knowing that I am, and make my mark upon the world, little marks, ugly marks, beautiful marks, flying by marks, heard by others marks, tracks in the sand, fingerprints on time, but I am and only because I am can I use the two gifts above. So thank God that I am.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving - not so much the holiday, bird and family, friends, fools and football -- but the moment in your I am, to use your life, in love to be Thankful, it can't get any better than that. Do Thank God.

2 comments:

Jeffro said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Earl.

K-Dubyah said...

I do thank God that you am...

Wishing you and Mrs. Earl the very bestest of days.

Blessed we all are. :)