Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Yes, I can fool myself part of the time, some of...


or all of the... America once was a great producing country. Now consumption seems to rule, when did that happen? WWII before our entry, during and after America made stuff for the world and the conflict, it poured out for the best of reasons. Victory.

More good dreams last night, will buy Lotto tickets today, just in case it is my time. But most of my life has been very good to me so I don't expect anything more than the participation in the best form of taxation of the poor and mathematically challenged.

I am a sly fellow, I have my wife's attention and it does seem that she is traveling to Idaho with me Friday - how do I know without a direct question or conversation - she asked if she should take the gas burner for cooking on in the mountain wilderness of Idaho. I laughed and told her I would take her to restaurants to eat. Honest, I don't know everything about Idaho, but it is beautiful country with the nicest people and not in a hurry to pave country roads. We should have a good time.

The Appleseed, Revolutionary War Veterans Association, is changing servers - they can't keep up with demand on the old one and as the number of people participating grow and keep checking in the need for more speed and memory do also. I haven't signed up for anything in 2010 yet, I will want to instruct, and shoot, and travel and meet good people - that seems to be a reason to practice my dry fire and maintain my rifles and ammunition stores. Although I sometimes think there are lots of people that have done an Appleseed - there are over 300 million Americans currently, and 20,000 participants in 2010 doesn't seem like enough, but I probably have the figures wrong.

Breakfast is over, devotions always on going, and I have run out of words ... maybe.

I do wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving, especially those with all too little that probably know better than I what they are so thankful for. When I was younger, broke and kind of stupid I was always thankful for the long almost un-smoked cigarette butt in the sand filled can outside the bank... it never tasted right, but it was what I had. It did make me thankful for getting older, making money and lessening the stupid enough to quit smoking tobacco. Thank you hard working producing people out there, growing crops, carrying freight, founding families and our futures... and those of you just consuming conspicuously... well, Macy's will love you and the Robb Report is full of foolish gift ideas.

2 comments:

threecollie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from ours. Have a great week!

Long-time RN said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Earl!