Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where is that good health bill now?


Play on my name, of course. William being Bill and my good health being my responsibility and not having posted for a bit. I am breaking free, of my addiction to the television and the internet. I haven't wondered what the President is up to, he is in China soaking up universal health care. Or pretending all is right in America, buy more of our bonds, good as almost gold. If you are going to buy gold - buy cases of twenty-two Long Rifle instead, that and needles and pins are proper trading materials for the coming collapse. Speaking of good health, yesterday morning my blood pressure was 110/70, heart rate 39 bpm.

I have returned to the almost daily grind of jogging, making the time seems to be the most fun. there isn't enough in my day now and I wish for that winning Lotto ticket so I can quit working and get on with my health requirements. But I can find an hour here and there, it will add up. Was thinking of buying my girl friend a copy of YOUNGER NEXT YEAR FOR WOMEN and if I had any money I wasn't investing in ammunition on the 19th of November (National Ammunition Day). I would buy her a stylish heart rate monitor from Polar, pink fizz is the proper color. Send it all with a message about when she gets the animal brought out in her, call me. Okay, I am not going to do that, but it is Wintering time, November has really arrived and one starts to stir crazily. For anyone still with me, do read and believe Doctor Lodge and his message about your body's hard wiring to hunter-gatherer (its evolutionary, Doctor Watson) and start moving, seriously moving.

Yes, I did jog between rain drops yesterday, then walked to the dock, and thought pleasantly of a tough body weight workout when I returned home - they won't allow me chin up bars in the Library (worried about law suits and L&I claims?) rather have me die of heart and mind problems - but there was gusting winds and white caps on the Sound, so the Still Harbor schedule was in effect in the day, and that slows me down. Seems the violent weather does more than take the pretty leaves from the trees and bring the firs flying or crashing down (my yard is a mess needing piled and off to the compost pile). So I spent an extra hour waiting on the slowly moving ferry. As I waited I met and talked with a young man about education - he works for a non-profit guiding adults to educational opportunities and had been talking to the inmates that have some mind left that know they have to do better. He was with one of my favorite English teachers, she once had me briefing her classes on what was in the library to help them prepare papers for her work. She and I talked about budget cuts, she having seen that the Librarians were going to lose jobs again. Happening ever since I got into that field - is anyone reading out there? words on paper?

Well, I did get home, an hour and five minutes later than normal for Monday evening, but I did get home safely. Soup and salad and look at the junk mail. In bed by eleven oh seven. What a life! Oh, for any still pretending I am not paying attention, if your joints and such don't like pounding on the road jogging gently, swim, really do lap swimming, great conditioning exercises - but you have to swim like the sharks are coming - cause they are.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Exercise IS the only thing that will save us/stave off problems. There are no miracle pills that actually work... Keep it up Earl!

Wyatt Earp said...

Wish I could jog again, but my knees are too bad for that. I have to settle for cycling instead.