Sunday, November 15, 2009

Quiet Sunday, for many reasons...


Started with CBS Sunday Morning, instead of jogging, I learned the Army is hiding all its great combat art instead of showing it on the Internet, in a museum, or giving tours of it hanging in the Pentagon when they display a bit of it. They could sell a coffee table book of it, easily. I also found out that my resistance to electronic tethers means I don't really appreciate the joy of over 200,000 apps for iPhones, Blackberrys and such, yep. And because I don't appreciate them I also miss out on the mobile restaurants in LA, which twitter their location and my GPS could find me a great meal if I just wanted to be locked into the electronic chains. I am almost sure that those devices aren't going to make it into THE ROAD, the movie about the end of Humanity - one or several people at a time. I did like the reviewer's comments - a wonderfully made movie, but because it was about the end of the mall and Twitterverse he couldn't recomment it. That was kind of the line I use when I recommend to my patrons why they should read it - there is no sex in it, no cops, no drugs and no reason for not rebuilding Humanity - but the loss was too great.

Television off, breakfast consumed and prepared for choir practice and church service, done had coffee and cake with one of my two friends. Off to the range for rifle shooting, working on the .22s, good enough day, only two pistols and three rifles on the range. One rifleman had a beautiful Austrian rifle, they do know how to build them. Talked with him a little and then packed up and went to find a haircut, got it, but she kept moving my Mentat Eyebrows out of the way of her clippers. Got back home to cabbage and wild rice and coffee, then my workout and saying good bye to my wife on her way to her revival. I have Sunday Night Football on but switched to Afghanistan and EOD on 60 Minutes, and I wonder why I have cable but then remember that it serves my wife better than it does me. I go out to the garage to hit the treadmill for thirty minutes of cool down, kind of and listen to Country Music. See I can multi-task.

No comments: